- July 5, 2022
- Posted by: James Wotoe
The Liberian Government, in partnership with the Cuban Government, is offering an opportunity for TWO (2) Liberians to benefit from scholarships in the field of General Medicine.
Scholarships are available for Medicine ONLY, and at Cuban universities. The scholarships are for 6 years, beginning 2022. Their aim is to give a unique opportunity to Liberians to strengthen their skills and expose them to best practices and training in Cuban. Successful candidates will be required to learn Spanish for one academic year, as Spanish is the instructional language.
Who may apply:
- Liberian national with competence in the sciences;
- High school graduate and be below the age of 25;
- Have a minimum average of 80 and above, or “B” category.
All interested applicants are required to forward to the Ministry of Education, Congo Town, Ministerial Complex, the below listed documents in THREE (3) sets for consideration:
- A current curriculum vita (with e-mail address and phone number listed);
- Notarized version of high school transcript, diploma and WASSCE or WAEC
- Proof of Liberian citizenship (copies of passport and birth certificate);
- Two current letters of recommendation (one professional and other academic);
- A one-page summary of reasons for wishing to study medicine in Cuba, and how this training will benefit Liberia;
- A recent police clearance;
- Ten (10) passport size photos in color (White background);
- Medical Certificate to be signed and stamped, preferably by the Jorkpen Town Medical Lab, located opposite Don Bosco High School, 8th Street, Sinkor), indicating the student is free from all communicable diseases (specially HIV) and is physically fit. Female candidates are required to submit a pregnancy free test result.
- All documents must be authenticated by the Ministries of Education, Foreign Affairs, and legalized the Cuban Embassy in Liberia.
NOTE: All applicants should adhere to the closing date and time on this scholarship announcement; applicants are strongly warned not to present any illegal or falsified document for this scholarship. If it is discovered that documents presented are fake, legal action will be taken against individual(s), consistent with law.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, July 12, 2022, at 4pm
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND WRITTEN EXAM.
Division of Scholarships
Ministry of Education
Ministerial Complex, Congo Town
Contact cell No.: 0770421201/0776871512 for detail information.