- May 9, 2023
- Posted by: James Wotoe
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), in collaboration with the Government of Liberia, offers scholarships for young scholars and students who desire to pursue undergraduate and graduate and PhD studies in various disciplines in India.
- be Liberian national with previous degree (s) and expertise in the priority fields;
- applicants must be not more than 30 years old if applying Bachelor’s Degree; not more than 35 years old if applying for Master’s Degree and not more than 40 years old when applying for Doctorate Degree;
- Candidates must exercise due diligence and research in a dedicated manner on the specific admission criteria laid down by various universities for each subject and ensure that they submit all relevant documentation as required by the universities in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form.
Eligible Liberian nationals are requested to complete the online application procedure at the Indian Council for Cultural Relations Scholarships Schemes. Please go to this link: www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/ and click REGISTER, complete the required information, submit the completed Application Form for the Indian Government Scholarship online and print TWO (2) hard copies. All interested applicants are required to forward the following in TWO (2) separate A4 envelops to the Division of Scholarships, Ministry of Education:
- a current curriculum vita (with e-mail address and phone number listed);
- Notarized of university degree (s) and transcript;
- proof of Liberian citizenship (copies of passport and birth certificate);
- two current letters of recommendation (one professional and other academic);
- a one-page summary of reasons for wishing to take a graduate study in India, and how this training will benefit Liberia;
- Six recent passport size photos with white background;
- A VALID (physical fitness form) to be filled, signed and issued by a designated medical facility (preferably, the Jorkpen Town Medical Lab, located opposite Don Bosco High School, 8th Street, Sinkor). Physical Fitness form can be obtained at (http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/assets/site/docs/Fitness.pdf).
CLOSING DATE: Monday 15th of May 2023; at 4pm
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND WRITTEN EXAM.
Division of Scholarships
Ministry of Education
Ministerial Complex, Congo Town
Or 0770421201/0776871512 for further information